We have breaking news for JCI Europe Senators: JCI EC Bruges is ready to welcome you in June 2022.
In recent months, a number of Belgian senators have been working behind the scenes on the program for the senators at EC Bruges in 2022. The arrangements with the exclusive senators’ hotel Grand Hotel Casselbergh have also been finalized. So we are all ready to welcome you in Bruges, book your hotel now!
EC Bruges Senators Program is ready to launch (so book your hotel now!)
As you all know, the European Conference of JCI will take place in beautiful Bruges from June 8 to 11. All JCI Senators are also welcome for a well-filled program.
- On Wednesday we will start the Conference with the traditional opening ceremony. This will take place in the solemn ‘Concertgebouw’ (concert hall) in the centre of Bruges, near the congress centre. Food and drinks will be served in the various foyers afterwards. The ideal moment to catch up with old friends and to make some new ones.
- Thursday starts with the General Assembly of JCI Senate. This will be held at the Grand Hotel Casselbergh. This hotel is also the exclusive senators’ hotel. More on this later in this article.
- The General Assembly is followed by the JCI Senators’ Lunch, in ‘Oud Sint-Jan’. A building full of history, near the brewery ‘De Halve Maan’. Definitely worth a visit afterwards. Feel free to try the world-famous ‘Brugse Zot’.
- In the afternoon the Business Day begins. A program full of networking opportunities, interesting keynotes and inspiring conversations. As an entrepreneur, you can’t afford to miss this.
- Instead of all this, you can of course follow the regular program or take a day trip to Brussels, the capital of Belgium and Europe.
- And if you want to end the evening in a party mood, you’re more than welcome to the National Night.
- On Friday we reserved the Royal Ostend Golf Club for the JCI Senate golf tournament. Have a game of golf, a chat and a drink. That’s all it takes, right?
- In the evening, we will organize a Home Hospitality Dinner in an intimate setting. The senators of JCI Bruges are ready to receive their colleagues at home for a nice meal.
- Non-golfers will certainly find something to their liking in the regular program, or in a day trip to Ypres, famous for his war memorials.
- And those who want to end the evening in style can go to the National Night.
After the business on Thursday and the pleasure on Friday, we’ll treat you to a touch of history on Saturday. As a Unisco World Heritage Site, Bruges is an excellent place for a guided walk. You will learn more about our churches, towers and the Flemish nobles. And that bear in the shield of Bruges, where does it come from? An experienced guide will certainly give you the answer.
And we conclude this intensive conference week – just as traditionally – with a gala. The ground floor of the congress centre will be decorated for a nice dinner, followed by a gala ball. And together with all the other Jaycees present, we will find out who will receive a European Award and who will go home as debating and/or public speaking champion.
Grand Hotel Casselbergh****
Grand Hotel Casselbergh reopened in april 2021 after extensive renovations. This introduced new and timeless elements while respecting the luxurious and prestigous historic character of the building.
Relax in the wellness centre with fitness, sauna and steam bath, located in the medieval catacombs. Personal services and modern facilities are the finishing touch.
If you want to get a glimpse of the beauty and grandeur of the hotel, please visit the website www.grandhotelcasselbergh.be. However, you cannot book directly with the hotel, but you can use the link on our website: www.jciec2022bruges.com/destination/hotels
Nele De Roos
COC EC Bruges 2022
Member of JCI Brugge
“Please note that hotel reservations for the exclusive senators’ hotel Grand Hotel Casselbergh can only be made via the European Conference website.” ~ Nele De Roos, COC EC Bruges 2022